Digital Security Governance Manager
Job no: 924238
Work type: Full-time
Categories: Information Technology
- Work within a collaborative division
- Competitive remuneration & benefits
- Join a high performing team
The Transport Accident Commission (TAC) is a Victorian Government-owned organisation whose role is to promote the Towards Zero vision, improve the State's trauma system and support those who have been injured on our roads.
The IT Shared Solutions (ITSS) Division is a collaboration area in which TAC and WorkSafe share resources to service both organisations with IT requirements. Our ITSS vision is to promote a world class technology for our people and the Victorian community.
We encourage applications from people with a disability as Victoria’s commission for transport and workplace accident treatment and services; both TAC and WorkSafe are committed to assisting people with disabilities to achieve their career aspirations. People from indigenous, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are also encouraged to apply. The TAC and WorkSafe contribute to a fair playing field for all job applicants, including making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process and throughout the employment lifecycle.
About the role
The Digital Security Governance Manager will provide governance leadership to the organisation driving focus and prioritisation within ITSS through establishing governance principles and processes aligned to best practice and regulatory requirements. This role proactively partners with internal and external stakeholders, including audit, external service providers, technology and business partners to influence the development, implementation, monitoring, assessment, and reporting of compliance requirements, control processes, documentation and risk activities to ensure compliance to internal, Government and Industry policy and standards.
A crucial element of this role is working with learning and development partners to plan and promote information security awareness programs to ensure adequate attention across the organisation.
- Develops guidelines for digital security management ensuring that uniformly recognised and accepted processes are developed and applied throughout the organisation.
- Maintains an awareness of the global needs of digital security and promotes (to both technology and business management) the benefits that a common approach to information and technology governance will bring to the business as a whole.
- Monitor the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for information security management which allow the organisation to respond quickly, to deliver secure services, make decisions and take actions.
For a more detailed view of the role please view the attached position description
Digital Security Governance Manager PD.pdf
- Extensive experience in risk management in complex technology environments including, but not limited to, strategic adoption of cloud based solutions, Agile delivery, innovative solutions and transformational technology change.
- Significant experience in a similar role, managing the Governance activities in a multi-faceted environment.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence external providers to deliver services that meet the business strategic outcomes in a safe and secure manner.
- Highly developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with strong customer focus and ability to understand issues, manage expectations, gain agreement, resolve conflicts and translate technical information into business language.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills to drive improvements in innovation and service quality.
- Demonstrated achievements in driving innovative solution delivery.
- Knowledge of the Government and industry compliance landscape.
- We value life
- We make every conversation count
- We will find a better way, today
- We make the complicated simple
Diversity and inclusion
The TAC promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people and is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices.
As Victoria’s commission for transport accident treatment and services, we strongly encourage people with a disability to apply for our roles. The TAC is committed to assisting people with disabilities to achieve their career aspirations. People from indigenous, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are also encouraged to apply. The TAC contributes to a fairer playing field for all Victorian job applicants, including making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment and employment process.
How to apply
Click APPLY or contact People_Culture@tac.vic.gov.au for a confidential discussion. Applications for this role will be accepted up until 29/03/2019. Late applications will not be accepted
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend