Senior Legal Manager
Job no: 924308
Work type: Full-time
- Full-time, Ongoing position
- Geelong CBD location, regular travel to Melbourne required
- $190,000 including superannuation plus bonus scheme
At the TAC our mission is to be the world’s leading social insurer, and to keep all Victorians safe on our roads. We're passionate about our purpose, and supporting the careers and wellbeing of our people.
Culture and Benefits
We foster an engaged and inclusive culture; our 2019 survey results show 95% of our employees feel proud to work for the TAC. Our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits, including:
- Competitive remuneration, annual bonus and salary packaging options
- Genuine work-life balance with attractive leave options
- A comprehensive wellbeing calendar of events and initiatives
- Extensive professional development opportunities
Read more here: http://www.tac.vic.gov.au/about-the-tac/careers
Diversity and Inclusion
The TAC promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome and value unique contributions of all people, and is committed to diversity and social inclusion in our employment practices. We strongly encourage people with a diverse background to apply for our roles.
About the Role
The TAC needs you to help us drive our Legal services function into the next era. To combine 30 years of scheme experience with new approaches, so we can provide efficient and effective legal services to TAC’s Client Divisions.
Fostering a culture of innovation, you will lead your team to deliver independent legal advice that enables the TAC to make legally correct and preferred decisions to deliver benefits under the Transport Accident Act 1986.
The Senior Legal Manager forms part of the TAC’s Legal Branch leadership team. The role is responsible for practice leadership of legal costs settlements and prosecutions, and will provide advice and advocacy to the team and wider business on these matters. More broadly, the leadership team ensure delivery of effective quality assurance, learning and knowledge management programs for the Legal branch of around 70 employees.
Day to day tasks will see you:
- Provide independent expert legal advice
- Lead, coach and enable a team of legal professionals
- Develop and manage cross divisional working relationships to deliver strategic outcomes
- Participate and support the development of business plans and strategy
- Oversee the effective implementation and delivery of enforcement actions of TAC’s prosecutions policy, and the appropriate resolution of plaintiffs’ reasonable standard costs
To be successful in this role, you’ll ideally possess the following skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in law
- Current Victorian Practicing Certificate (or entitled to hold)
- Extensive experience in leading a team through change
- Substantial legal experience, ideally in a litigation environment
- Significant exposure to personal injury, CTP, insurance or administrative law
- Passion for being a TAC ambassador to achieve our Toward Zero vision
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Lauren McKirdy on (03) 5225 7397 for further information. Applications for this role will be accepted up until Monday, 26 August at 9:00am
Senior Legal Manager PD_08.2019.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend