Cloud Operations Lead
Job no: 924336
Work type: Full-time
Location: 1 Malop St
Categories: Information Technology
Cloud Operations Lead
- Permanent, full time opportunity within IT Shared Solutions
- Geelong CBD location
- WorkSafe Band 10 - $130,851 base + super
IT Shared Solutions (ITSS) is a collaborative division delivering IT services across WorkSafe & TAC landscapes.
At the TAC our mission is to be the world’s leading social insurer, and to keep all Victorians safe on our roads. We're passionate about our purpose, and supporting the careers and wellbeing of our people.
At WorkSafe we are on an exciting journey to digitise our business to focus on our key mission of “getting Victorians to return home safe everyday”
The successful applicant for this role will be employed by WorkSafe but will work across both organisations.
Culture and Benefits
Across TAC and WorkSafe we foster an engaged and inclusive culture.
Our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits, including:
- Competitive remuneration, annual bonus and salary packaging options
- Genuine work-life balance with attractive leave options
- A comprehensive wellbeing calendar of events and initiatives
- Extensive professional development opportunities
Read more here: https://wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au/benefits-1
Diversity and Inclusion
The TAC and WorkSafe promote a workplace that actively seeks to welcome and value unique contributions of all people, and is committed to diversity and social inclusion in our employment practices. We strongly encourage people with a diverse background to apply for our roles.
About the Role
The Cloud Operations Lead will develop and deploy strong governance and management practices to assure the delivery of infrastructure services across private and public cloud platforms.
- You will be developing strategies for managing the hybrid cloud platforms; managing compliance with technical, regulatory and security requirements and standards.
- Ensuring that a catalogue of platform infrastructure services, delivered by in-house and/or 3rd party vendors, meet service level agreements.
- Ensuring the services are monitored effectively and that identified actions to maintain and/or continuously improve levels of service are implemented.
- Review and monitor the consumption of the services to manage cost and forecast future capacity requirements.
- Developing policies and strategies for the design, monitoring, and maintenance of services required to meet service availability targets.
- Developing technology lifecycle and release plans to facilitate investment planning and technology assurance.
PD_Cloud Operations Lead.pdf
To be successful in this role, you’ll ideally possess the following skills and attributes:
- Significant experience in a similar technical management role, in a complex multi sourced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively to manage platforms and teams.
- Solid understanding of modern infrastructure patterns, such as orchestration and automation.
- Demonstrated experience in developing environment models, roadmaps and transition plans.
- Demonstrated experience in hybrid cloud environments, creating strategies that break down silos and empower the different teams to create and operate best-of-breed infrastructure.
- Ability to interpret stakeholder needs, manage expectations and resolve conflicts.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to identify practical and workable solutions.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and follow the prompts to submit your application by 9:00pm on Monday 27 January 2020.
If you require further information on this role or have specific queries, please reach out to Mark Wyeth on 9940 4276 or 0418 550 430.
Please note, applications submitted via email or after the closing date are unable to be considered.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend