Job no: 924342
Work type: Full-time
Location: Split Location - Geelong and Melbourne, Geelong
- Full time, ongoing role
- Split location between Geelong and Melbourne
- $111,680 base, plus super
At the TAC our mission is to be the world’s leading social insurer, and to keep all Victorians safe on our roads. We are passionate about our purpose, and supporting the careers and wellbeing of our people.
Culture and Benefits
We foster an engaged and inclusive culture; our 2018 survey results show 96% of our employees feel proud to work for the TAC. Our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits, including:
- Competitive remuneration, annual bonus, and salary packaging options;
- Genuine work-life balance with attractive leave options;
- A comprehensive wellbeing calendar of events and initiatives;
- Extensive professional development opportunities.
Read more here: http://www.tac.vic.gov.au/about-the-tac/careers
Diversity and Inclusion
The TAC promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome and value unique contributions of all people, and is committed to diversity and social inclusion in our employment practices. We strongly encourage people with a diverse background to apply for our roles.
About the Role
Solicitors in our Legal Branch manage a mixed portfolio of litigated and non-litigated matters within a highly demanding legal environment.
The role requires the provision of high quality and timely legal services, including specific and general legal advice and advocacy to TAC. It requires a superior degree of organization, time management, judgement, and problem solving competencies in addition to in-depth knowledge of the Transport Accident Act 1986 (Vic), and stakeholder management.
Day to day tasks of a Solicitor include:
- Effectively managing litigated and non-litigated matters across a diverse and broad ranging portfolio;
- Providing informal and ad-hoc legal advice and legal services to the TAC;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, rules, regulations and work practices.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor of Laws or equivalent;
- Hold a current practising certificate and admitted as an Australian Lawyer;
- Knowledge of the relevant sections of the Transport Accident Act 1986 (Vic);
- Sound knowledge of the relevant Court and Tribunal rules and procedures;
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing a diverse legal portfolio, including VCAT, serious injury, and common law claims;
- Well‐developed advocacy, negotiation, and general verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with stakeholders, including clients, the legal fraternity, and medical practitioners.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Nicole Carter on (03) 5225 7620 for further information. Applications for this role will be accepted up until 5pm Thursday 24th October.
Solicitor JG5 PD.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend