Job no: 924545
Work type: Full-time
Categories: Team Manager
- Full time, 12 month fixed-term opportunity
- Geelong CBD Location
- Attractive remuneration package: circa $135,000 base, plus superannuation
At the TAC our mission is to be the world’s leading social insurer, and to keep all Victorians safe on our roads. We're passionate about our purpose, and supporting the careers and wellbeing of our people.
About the Role
The Data Manager leads a team of professionals and draws on their extensive experience in data management and warehousing to take responsibility for the development and management of the TAC’s data resources.
Day to day tasks will include:
- Manage TAC’s SAS data environment according to established information management practices and information governance principles. Ensuring the team works according to existing standards
- Manage approvals for access to the data environment so that data security and privacy risk controls remain effective
- Liaise with IT and externally provided SAS support to oversee procedures and frameworks for the development, operation, function and content of the SAS data warehouse
Lead a team of four Analysts who are responsible for the currency of TAC’s data environment and overseeing releases and updating data sets.
To be successful in this role, you’ll ideally possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in developing and leading teams to deliver quality outcomes
- Prior experience in data management and the provision of high level information to senior management, including the development of frameworks and procedures for information management and governance
- A high level of technical aptitude is essential.
- Advanced expertise with SAS or another similar reporting and query language is desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel.
- Tertiary qualification in a quantitative or information technology discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, IT, Statistics, Business or Economics) or equivalent work experience is desirable
Culture and Benefits
We foster an engaged and inclusive culture; our 2019 survey results show 95% of our employees feel proud to work for the TAC. Our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits, including:
- Genuine work-life balance with attractive leave options
- A comprehensive wellbeing calendar of events and initiatives
- Extensive professional development opportunities
Read more here: http://www.tac.vic.gov.au/about-the-tac/careers
Diversity and Inclusion
The TAC promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome and value unique contributions of all people, and is committed to diversity and social inclusion in our employment practices. We strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the TAC People & Culture Team on (03) 5225 7500 or via email at People_Culture@tac.vic.gov.au noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Samara Duncalf on 0418 120 780 for further information. Applications for this role will be accepted up until 9.00am on Monday, 28th September 2020.
Please be aware we are also recruiting the following roles: Business Analyst Data Consultant, Business Intelligence Analyst and Senior Business Intelligence Analyst. For further details please visit our careers webpage.
Data Manager PD.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend