Senior Support Analyst
- Full time, fixed term role until 30 June 2023
- Hybrid work environment with flexibility to balance weekly office based work with working from home
- Salary $125, 286, plus superannuation
The IT Shared Solutions (ITSS) Division is a collaboration area in which the TAC and WorkSafe share resources to deliver IT solutions to both organisations.
The TAC is a Victorian state government organisation whose role is to promote road safety, support those who have been injured on our roads and help them get their lives back on track.
WorkSafe Victoria plays a critical role in the lives of Victorian employers and workers - as the state's health and safety regulator and as the manager of Victoria's workers compensation scheme. In both capacities, employers and workers are at the heart of our service.
About the Role
The Senior Support Analyst provides a range of technical services supporting, maintaining, enhancing, designing, building and deploying applications assigned to their service. The role is responsible for providing technical services across a range of applications, with a strong focus on maintaining service quality at or above agreed targets. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on cloud technologies in a dynamic environment, and be provided with training on multiple platforms that the team support.
About the Team
This role will be a part of our Integration Services team within the Service Delivery branch. You will be supported by a Manager who prioritises his employees, promotes accountability and encourages knowledge sharing across the team. The team work within an agile, adaptive environment and therefore begin each day with a stand up to discuss priorities. The successful applicant for this role will be employed by WorkSafe but will work across both organisations.
A Day in the Life
- Provides definitive and expert advice in their specialist area, actively maintaining recognised expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
- Acts as the routine contact point for the Integration Support team, receiving and handling requests for support. Responds to a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfil requests or help with troubleshooting, triaging and enable resolution.
- Provides troubleshooting investigation and diagnosis assistance and promptly allocates unresolved issues as appropriate. Assists with the development of standards, and applies these to track, monitor, report, resolve or escalate issues. Contributes to the creation of support documentation.
- Identifies, evaluates and manages the adoption of tools, techniques and processes to create a robust integration framework.
- Designs integration system components using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
- Selects appropriate testing approaches, develops and executes test plans and test cases and collaborates with stakeholders to enable comprehensive test coverage.
What you’ll need to succeed?
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, industry certifications such as ITIL and/or substantial IT systems management and industry experience.
- Significant experience in a similar role, supporting, developing, maintaining and improving a complex application portfolio.
- Highly developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with a strong customer focus.
- Demonstrated influencing skills including the ability to influence business and other stakeholders to drive service management skills.
- Significant experience in designing and developing solutions using the following (or equivalent) technologies: IBM MQ, IBM IIB / ACE, IBM BPM / BAW, IBM ODM, IBM API Connect and Datapower, Jenkins and Ansible.
Why join WorkSafe?
We foster an engaged and inclusive culture; our 2022 survey results show over 90% of our employees feel proud to work for us and would recommend us as a great place to work. Our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits, including:
- Competitive remuneration and salary packaging options
- Hybrid working arrangements; combining weekly office based work with remote working
- A comprehensive wellbeing calendar of events and initiatives
- A commitment to a culture of learning with extensive professional development opportunities
Read more here: https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/benefits-career-worksafe
Together, our differences make us stronger
We believe that a diverse workforce operating within an inclusive culture is critical to achieving our purpose. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, respect and value the unique contributions of all people, because we believe that together, our differences make us stronger.
We are committed to inclusion, diversity and accessibility in our employment practices, and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people, people with disability, women and gender diverse people, culturally diverse and LGBTIQ+ people to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the People & Culture Team on (03) 5225 7500 or via email at People_Culture@tac.vic.gov.au and a member of the team will be in touch. Any information provided regarding disability or reasonable adjustment requests will only be used to provide accommodations and will in no way determine the outcome of an application.
We’d love to hear from you
If this opportunity excites you, click APPLY to submit your Cover Letter and Resume today. Successful applicants will be contacted and progress to a face-to-face interview. All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application.
For further information, please refer to the attached Position Description or contact People & Culture on (03) 5225 7500 for a confidential discussion. Applications for this role will be accepted up until 11:55pm on Sunday 5th February 2023.
If this role isn’t quite right for you but you know of someone who would be interested, please feel free to share the ad with them.
We are committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees. This includes complying with the Chief Health Officer’s directions, including the requirements to collect, record and hold vaccination information about employees. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status or medical exemption prior to commencing employment.