People & Culture Business Partner
- Part time (0.8FTE), ongoing role
- Hybrid work environment with flexibility to balance weekly Geelong office based work with working from home
- Salary $99,248 base (pro-rata) plus superannuation
The TAC is a Victorian state government organisation whose role is to promote road safety, support those who have been injured on our roads and help them get their lives back on track.
To hear more about our story, follow this link:
About the Role
As a Business Partner, you’ll be part of a highly motivated and dedicated business partnering team responsible for delivering key end to end people and culture support to the business. In our culture of delivery, pace, collaboration and change you’ll work in an agile and business focused way.
You’ll be successful by delivering and collaborating with business leaders to drive performance, identify capability needs, support on key change and projects and advise and deliver on key People initiatives aligned to the delivery of our divisional and organisational strategy
About the Team
This role will be a part of our close-knit and collaborative Business Partnering team who sit within our broader People & Culture division. You will work alongside four other Business Partners and five Senior Business Partners, who provide outstanding levels of support to each other with regards to work content and general well-being. You will also be provided with opportunities to challenge yourself and continuously grow and develop in the role.
A Day in the Life
- Be a trusted adviser to the business providing comprehensive guidance on the interpretation of people policies, enterprise agreement, industrial instruments and legislation; and clear, accurate and timely advice on its application.
- Manage the operational delivery of end to end employee relations advice and services to business stakeholders to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Manage the escalation of client issues or needs that require the expertise, input and/or approval of the P&C Business Partner to meet the needs of business stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Business Partnering team, broader P&C Division and connect with other business stakeholders to identify solutions for complex issues related to the implementation of workforce plans, employee relations, and broader organisational development
What you’ll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications, or equivalent experience, in HR or a related discipline
- Demonstrated HR generalist experience
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders
- Objectively interpreting, analysing and evaluating information in order to make a decision or recommendation
- Remaining agile and iterating as new information comes to hand
Why join the TAC?
We foster an engaged and inclusive culture; our 2022 survey results show over 90% of our employees feel proud to work for us and would recommend the TAC as a great place to work. Our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits, including:
- Competitive remuneration, annual bonus and salary packaging options
- Hybrid working arrangements; combining weekly office based work with remote working
- A comprehensive wellbeing calendar of events and initiatives
- A commitment to a culture of learning with extensive professional development opportunities
Read more here: http://www.tac.vic.gov.au/about-the-tac/careers/our-employment-benefits
Together, our differences make us stronger
At the TAC, we believe that a diverse workforce operating within an inclusive culture is critical to achieving our purpose. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, respect and value the unique contributions of all people, because we believe that together, our differences make us stronger.
We are committed to inclusion, diversity and accessibility in our employment practices, and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people, people with disability, women and gender diverse people, culturally diverse and LGBTIQ+ people to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the TAC People & Culture Team on (03) 5225 7500 or via email at People_Culture@tac.vic.gov.au and a member of the team will be in touch. Any information provided regarding disability or reasonable adjustment requests will only be used to provide accommodations and will in no way determine the outcome of an application.
We’d love to hear from you
If this opportunity excites you, click APPLY to submit your Cover Letter and Resume today. Successful applicants will be contacted and progress to an interview. All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application.
For further information, please refer to the attached Position Description or contact Jessie Howlett (Shared Services Specialist) on (03) 9300 0518 for a confidential discussion. Applications for this role will be accepted up until 11:55pm on Sunday 29 January 2022.
If this role isn’t quite right for you but you know of someone who would be interested, please feel free to share the ad with them.
The TAC is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of employees. This includes the TAC’s requirements to collect, record and hold vaccination information about its employees. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of their up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination status or medical exemption prior to commencing employment.