Senior Procurement Policy Officer
- Full time, fixed term role until 30 June 2024
- Hybrid work environment with flexibility to balance weekly office based work with working from home
- Salary $112,561 base plus superannuation
The TAC is a Victorian state government organisation whose role is to promote road safety, support those who have been injured on our roads and help them get their lives back on track.
To hear more about our story, follow this link:
About the Role
This newly created role is responsible for leading implementation of the TAC’s Procurement Capability Development Plan and Community of Practice. Working with key internal and external stakeholders to develop, implement and improve organizational procurement capability and compliance.
Success in this role will see you deliver distinct pieces of work that that will lead continuous improvement and growth in the TAC’s procurement maturity. The role provides expert advice on procurement policies, processes and requirements to achieve outcomes. Your technical skills, stakeholder management and leadership experience, will be the key attributes for the role.
About the Team
This role will be a part of our Strategic Procurement team, which is responsible for the implementation of TAC’s Strategic Procurement Strategy. The growing team consists of five Senior Procurement Category Specialists and a Contract Support Officer. You will be supported by a Manager who is passionate about innovation in government procurement. The team works very collaboratively together and with stakeholders across the wider business.
A Day in the Life
- Develop and lead procurement policy initiatives to improve organisational procurement capability and compliance
- Provide expert advice and support to the business regarding all aspects of procurement
- Manage the TAC Procurement Community of Practice
- Analysis and report on TAC spend and contract performance to TAC Executive Leadership and Audit Committee
- Review and report on organisational compliance with mandatory procurement policy requirements
What you’ll need to succeed
- Demonstrated experience in the development of policies and procedures
- Previous experience working in government procurement, policy or a similar field, and/or relevant tertiary qualification
- Understanding of government legislation and experience in procurement contract and category management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships
Why join the TAC?
We foster an engaged and inclusive culture; our 2022 survey results show over 90% of our employees feel proud to work for us and would recommend the TAC as a great place to work. Our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits, including:
- Competitive remuneration, annual bonus and salary packaging options
- Hybrid working arrangements; combining weekly office based work with remote working
- A comprehensive wellbeing calendar of events and initiatives
- A commitment to a culture of learning with extensive professional development opportunities
Read more here: http://www.tac.vic.gov.au/about-the-tac/careers/our-employment-benefits
Together, our differences make us stronger
At the TAC, we believe that a diverse workforce operating within an inclusive culture is critical to achieving our purpose. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, respect and value the unique contributions of all people, because we believe that together, our differences make us stronger.
We are committed to inclusion, diversity and accessibility in our employment practices, and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people, people with disability, women and gender diverse people, culturally diverse and LGBTIQ+ people to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the TAC People & Culture Team on (03) 5225 7500 or via email at People_Culture@tac.vic.gov.au and a member of the team will be in touch. Any information provided regarding disability or reasonable adjustment requests will only be used to provide accommodations and will in no way determine the outcome of an application.
We’d love to hear from you
If this opportunity excites you, click APPLY to submit your Cover Letter and Resume today. Successful applicants will be contacted and progress to an interview. All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application.
For further information, please refer to the attached Position Description or contact Erin Westcott, A/g Lead Strategic Procurement, on 0466 529 094 for a confidential discussion. Applications for this role will be accepted up until 11:55pm on Thursday 8 December 2022.
If this role isn’t quite right for you but you know of someone who would be interested, please feel free to share the ad with them.
The TAC is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of employees. This includes the TAC’s requirements to collect, record and hold vaccination information about its employees. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of their up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination status or medical exemption prior to commencing employment.