Value Based Health Care Project Specialist
- Full time, parental leave backfill position until January 2024
- Hybrid work environment with flexibility to balance weekly Geelong office based work with working from home
- Salary $112,686 base plus superannuation
The TAC is a Victorian state government organisation whose role is to promote road safety, support those who have been injured on our roads and help them get their lives back on track.
To hear more about our story, follow this link:
About the Role
As part of TACs mission ‘To champion road safety and help those injured get their lives back on track’ it is our vision to maximise the social and economic benefit we deliver by implementing a Value Based Health Care model that ensures the best possible outcomes for our clients.
The implementation of Value Based Health Care will empower clients to be active participants in their care, delivering outcomes that matter to them and improving their satisfaction and overall experience.
The Project Specialist will use the principles of Value Based Health Care, Co-design and the Change Management Framework as part of the transition process and collaborate strongly with providers, clients and staff to implement new systems and processes that will improve outcomes for Victorians impacted by road trauma.
About the Team
The Value Based Health Care Project Specialist is part of the Transport Accident Commission’s multi-disciplinary team that develops value based health care at the TAC. These roles collaborate with operational teams to implement, test and evaluate new processes and models of care as part of the organisation’s transition to value based health care.
A Day in the Life
- Lead the development and implementation of project initiatives contributing to the successful delivery of project outcomes that meet strategic business objectives for VBHC Implementation and the TAC.
- Anticipate and identify risks and problems early. Quantify these risks and develop and implement appropriate strategies to manage, mitigate and resolve expected and unexpected events and issues.
- Review and implement new standard operating procedures in collaboration with members of the operational team, ensuring strong stakeholder engagement prior to, during and post implementation.
- Lead continuous improvement activities within the designated phase of the transition to value based health care.
- In collaboration with the VBHC Senior Project Lead and the broader VBHC Implementation team, develop and maintain a reporting dashboard/visual management board that includes key performance indicators and key behavioural indicators to improve the provider, client and staff experience.
- In collaboration with Research and Evaluation, evaluate outcomes using a program logic approach and ensure learnings and areas of improvement are shared.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of value based health care and the social determinants of health.
- Project management qualifications and/or Master level degree related to health and/or accreditation Prince2 are desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement methodology and change management principles or concepts.
- Strong project experience within a large organisation, independently running projects and ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables, particularly whilst juggling multiple projects/ priorities.
- Experience in engaging and influencing stakeholders with a focus on relationship building, inclusive collaboration and managing the expectations of key stakeholder groups whilst providing an outcome that benefits the organization.
Why join the TAC?
We foster an engaged and inclusive culture; our 2022 survey results show over 90% of our employees feel proud to work for us and would recommend the TAC as a great place to work. Our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits, including:
- Competitive remuneration, annual bonus and salary packaging options
- Hybrid working arrangements; combining weekly office based work with remote working
- A comprehensive wellbeing calendar of events and initiatives
- A commitment to a culture of learning with extensive professional development opportunities
Read more here: http://www.tac.vic.gov.au/about-the-tac/careers/our-employment-benefits
Together, our differences make us stronger
At the TAC, we believe that a diverse workforce operating within an inclusive culture is critical to achieving our purpose. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, respect and value the unique contributions of all people, because we believe that together, our differences make us stronger.
We are committed to inclusion, diversity and accessibility in our employment practices, and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people, people with disability, women and gender diverse people, culturally diverse and LGBTIQ+ people to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the TAC People & Culture Team on (03) 5225 7500 or via email at People_Culture@tac.vic.gov.au and a member of the team will be in touch. Any information provided regarding disability or reasonable adjustment requests will only be used to provide accommodations and will in no way determine the outcome of an application.
We’d love to hear from you
If this opportunity excites you, click APPLY to submit your Cover Letter and Resume today. Successful applicants will be contacted and progress to an interview. All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application.
For further information, please refer to the attached Position Description or contact Mariana Cassini (VBHC Senior Project Lead) on (03) 9300 0279 a confidential discussion. Applications for this role will be accepted up until 11:55pm on Wednesday 8 February 2023
If this role isn’t quite right for you but you know of someone who would be interested, please feel free to share the ad with them.
The TAC is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of employees. This includes the TAC’s requirements to collect, record and hold vaccination information about its employees. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of their up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination status or medical exemption prior to commencing employment.
VBHC Project Specialist_PD.pdf